Schedule Coordination Austria was founded in December 2002 as a private limited company according to the Austrian Company Law with the aim to coordinate or facilitate the schedules of commercial airlines, operating scheduled and charter flights to and from airports in Austria.
MILESTONES IN THE HISTORY OF SCHEDULE COORDINATION AUSTRIA
- Moving into a new office building at Vienna Airport (Office Park I).
- Introduction of a “Schedule Coordination Service Fee” (SCF). This service-based fee model recovers the expenses of SCA. The cost of the services provided by Schedule Coordination Austria is covered by all users (airlines & aircraft operators) and the airport operators in Austria. The level of the SCF is determined after governmental approval and consultation of the users.
- Enhance the SCORE Software solution by introduction of Super Score module (Baseline and SQL-Database).
- Introduction of “Online Coordination System – OCS”, a software application enhancement to allow users to “self service” their slot requirement during “Out of office hours” or on banking holidays. So Schedule Coordination Austria enables 24hours/7days access to its system.
- UEFA European Football Championship, all Austrian airports were temporarily fully coordinated.
- Implementation of the coordination obligation to General & Business Aviation at coordinated airports.
- Airport Innsbruck becomes fully coordinated during winter season (weekends).
- Implementation OOH-Team at Vienna Airport (Out-of-Office Hours support) for non OCS users.
- Implementation Airport Slot-ID for GA/BA.
- In cooperation with Eurocontrol a “Slot consistency trial” took place at Vienna Airport with very positive results and improvements of performance.
- Changing communications to email, in cooperation with IATA member airlines.
- Airport Slot check was introduced, when Vienna Airport enrolled A-CDM in cooperation with Eurocontrol, Austro Control and Austrian Airlines at Vienna Airport;
- Relaunch of the Homepage of Schedule Coordination Austria as an information platform for all users and interested stakeholders.
- SCORE Software application enhancement – runs as a Windows Service.
- Introduce a system-driven OOH (out of office) solution at Vienna Airport.
- Start of the expansion of the system-driven OOH (out of office) solution for all airports in Austria.
- OCS receives SSL VPN Client (SVC) to improve secure communication.
- Schedule Coordination Austria implemented a management system for airport slot coordination and airport schedule facilitation in accordance with ISO 9001/2015 and received the quality management certificate in accordance with EN ISO9001:2015 from TÜV-Austria.